Dreaming of crossing fishing in beautiful British Columbia off your bucket list? A stay at a fishing lodge is a great choice. Most lodges offer comfortable and convenient accommodations as well as fishing packages that include any gear you’ll need, as well as an experienced guide. With so many fishing lodges to choose from, narrowing your options can be a challenge. That’s why we’ve compiled a British Columbia fishing lodges directory.
This list includes fishing lodges located on Vancouver Island or the surrounding islands off the coast of British Columbia. Keep reading to find the right lodge for your next adventure.
- Imperial Eagle Lodge & Charters: Located in the heart of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, the Lodge offers several private cabins, and guided salmon fishing in scenic Barkley Sound.
- Qualicum Breeze Resort: Located on Vancouver Island, this resort is situated on a secluded beach. Anglers frequent the Lodge to fish the pink and northern Coho runs. Guests can also enjoy oyster picking, beach combing, and beach picnics.
- Nootka Wilderness Lodge: This luxury floating fishing lodge is located just off-shore of Vancouver Island, and is a popular spot to fish for Coho and Chinook salmon.
- Painter’s Lodge: This luxurious Vancouver Island fishing lodge is a Trademark Collection by Wyndham property that offers guided fishing excursions with an experienced guide.
- April Point Resort & Spa: Once a camp for commercial fishermen, this historic property is now home to a fishing resort that offers guided fishing excursions.
- Walters Cove Point: This small fishing resort can accommodate just 24 guests at a time in its 12 guest rooms. They offer a variety of package options, including salmon fishing, fly-in fishing trips, and more.
- Silver King Lodge: This Campbell River fishing lodge has separate spaces for up to three groups of guests, up to 28 guests total. They offer several packages to choose from, each of which are all-inclusive.
- Dolphins Resort: A rustic fishing lodge with a number of private cabins, offering guided fly fishing and saltwater fishing charters.
- Blackfish Lodge: A small floating fishing lodge located in the southern confines of the Great Bear Rainforest Preserve that can accommodate just 6 guests at a time. Freshwater and saltwater packages are available, with no set fishing schedule.
- Kasba Lake Lodge: Nestled on Basba Lake, this lodge features a number of private cabins. They offer fly fishing and other fishing packages and are popular for anglers looking to catch whitefish, cisco, freshwater shrimp, and Northern Pike. This lodge is strictly catch-and-release only.
- Quigley’s Osprey Cabins: Four-cabin property located in the heart of Port Renfrew, offering saltwater fishing charters through a local outfitter. Known for salmon and halibut fishing, the lodge is a good choice for those looking to build their own fishing trip rather than booking a package.
- Sointula Lodge: Luxury fishing lodge located on Malcolm Island, in the historic town of Sointula. This boutique fishing resort is the premier Sointula accommodation option and offers fly fishing, saltwater fishing, and wilderness tour packages, on 4-day and 5-day trips.
- Sonora Resort: A luxury resort located in the Discover Islands archipelago off the coast of British Columbia. This large resort offers salmon fishing, helicopter fly fishing, trout pond fly fishing, and tide-to-table fishing packages.
South Pender Island
- Poets Cove Resort & Spa: Located on Pender Island, in the Southern Gulf Islands, this resort features an on-site marina that anglers can use to dock their own boats during their stay.
- Nanook Lodge: This lodge is located on remote Stuart Island off the coast of British Columbia. The Lodge has 7 bedrooms with private baths, allowing them to welcome groups of up to 20.
- Tofino Resort + Marina: A Tofino resort that offers guided saltwater charters to fish for halibut, salmon, lingcod, and tuna, as well as freshwater charters to fish for steelhead and trout. This resort is larger than some on this list, with 63 renovated hotel rooms.
- Reel Obsession Sport Fishing: Three- and four-day small group fishing lodge packages located on Vancouver Island.
Putting the British Columbia Fishing Lodges Directory to Work
Whether you’re looking for the best Sointula accommodation or a fishing lodge elsewhere in the region, this British Columbia fishing lodges directory is a great place to start.
Of course, you don’t have to book a full fishing package at a remote lodge to cast a line during your British Columbia vacation. In Sointula and Port McNeil, there are a number of fishing charter companies offering day trip charters perfect for enjoying a short fishing trip during your stay. Check out our Sointula fishing resources to learn more.